Sunday, April 30, 2023

it takes a soldier

 

Hebrews 4:12

King James Version

12 For the word of God is quick, 

and powerful, 

and sharper than any twoedged sword, 

piercing even to the dividing asunder 

of soul and spirit, 

and of the joints and marrow, 

and is a discerner 

of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


It takes a soldier to know war.

Especially if one has engaged in war.

Early this morning, SPIRIT led me to this video:

WAR IS A RACKET by Maj. Gen. Smedley D. Butler - FULL AudioBook


I've come to know war does that.

Giving birth to industries.

Thus, it must be kept going.

General Eisenhower warned us about the "military industrial complex".

As I was listening to the audiobook, I learned Maj. General Butler was a Quaker.

That he was a "fighting Quaker".

So, I look into those keywords.

And found other fighting Quakers:

The Fighting Quaker: The Southern Campaigns of General Nathanael Greene


Making me look more into General Greene.

And learned he was a trusted officer of George Washington.

Curious about Generals Butler and Greene, I looked into "Quakers".

Why are they called Quakers?

What do they stand for?

I learned it's probably because of these two sets of verses:

Isaiah 66:1-2

King James Version

66 Thus saith the Lord, 

The heaven is my throne, 

and the earth is my footstool: 

where is the house that ye build unto me? 

and where is the place of my rest?

2 For all those things hath mine hand made, 

and all those things have been, 

saith the Lord: 

but to this man will I look, 

even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, 

and trembleth at my word.


Ezra 9:4

King James Version

4 Then were assembled unto me 

every one that trembled 

at the words of the God of Israel, 

because of the transgression 

of those that had been carried away; 

and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.


Quakers "tremble" at the word of God.

Then, I looked at a list of Quakers.

Quite an impressive list of who's who.

But I'm curious about "fighting Quakers".

So I found more:

The Fighting Quakers: A True Story of the War for Our Union

Soldier Stories: The Fighting Quaker


Jim Dixon shared his Nam experiences through his book:

Things I'll Never forget: Memories of a Marine in Viet Nam


It took Dixon 47 years to muster writing the book.

Soldiers scarred from battle know what they went through.

Surely, they're never the same.

May the battles they're asked to fight, mean something.

May their lives not have been in vain.

May they not have been sacrificed for other people's personal gain.

As born again, and soldier of CHRIST, I observe the world.

And know future events have been prophesied by JESUS.

But that's for the next post.


Related videos:

A Veteran's Warning | Smedley Butler

General Smedley Butler - War is a Racket - Forgotten History


Related posts:

FEAR the LORD verses

WARRIOR of the SPIRIT

CHRIST's soldier


Image: Clipart Library


HOW a GREAT king fights

  1 Samuel 29:6 King James Version 6 Then Achish called David , and said unto him,  Surely, as the Lord liveth, thou hast been upright,  an...